Tuesday, November 16, 2010

modern day fanny pack: SweatshirtSac

before you read this, watch this. 


it may give you a different perspective on creativity. many of my ideas are inspired by what came before me. at times i think my ideas are the original. the bees knees. inevitably, i turn around and there is MY IDEA staring at me. if you created my idea, you're welcome, but i thought of it first. 


so to pay homage to the men & women who serve our country; i devoted a day off (Veteran's Day) to create a military inspired SweatshirtSac. 


the process consists of transforming one of my FAVORITE v-neck sweatshirts (which was badly stained, but could never be given away) because it carries fond memories. i bet you know the kind. 


here she is:

and a skirt with pockets. the kind of pockets that i wanted without the skirt. it never fit right anyway, but it was something that i had to have; you understand. the skirt for slaughter looks so lovely on my Eames-Hang-It-All.


so i wanted a utilitarian solution to a kangaroo pouch sweatshirt. mine would also use the side-zip of the skirt. i decided to enclose the pouch, so that valuables can stay safe. my modern day fanny pack; business in the front. the two front pockets are open for business as well. 


a button completes the look, and also allows me to shorten the top length with a hidden pintuck.  details. details.

ready for some cooler days to sport this number...not original, but its my original.


1 comment: