Tuesday, September 28, 2010

shorten the closet commute.

ok, so as a homebody, i have plenty of time to play in my closet.  yet this never dissuades the morning ritual of sweat and frustration bordering on tantrum.  putting that much passion into my mornings must mean something...


so this is going to evolve rather slowly; the script in my head is not translating into blogese as seamlessly as i had hoped.  (should i capitalize/use proper grammar???)  next post we can tackle that.


to me, the very basic closet theory involves: LAYERING.  it is my core concept.  my favorite.  the obsession hit an all time high when we moved to jacksonville beach, FL in december 2006.  i wanted a way to make my "summer" clothing work appropriate.  some choices have earned the phrase "buttoned-up," but those are just my conservative roots hard at work.  other choices, considered the go-to solution by me, were the ones that people responded to the most.  the very basic.


take a maxi dress, for example, its like a long tank top.  my solution is the sleeveless turtleneck. put the top under the dress and voila! the strappy, and sometimes, inappropriate nature of the dress seems to disappear.  if too much arm is the problem, then put a cleavage covering tank underneath and a sweater or shrug overtop.  my particular fave at the moment is the midriff top.  placed on top of a businessy shift dress with waist high exposed pockets...jackpot!  (if someone wants to give me a basic tutorial, maybe i can add some pics.)  


all in all, a layer here or there can quell your closet conundrum.








No comments:

Post a Comment